FSSAI has been mandated by the FSS act, 2006. The food safety established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts and order that have hitherto handled food related issues in various Ministries and Department. FSSAI has been created for laying down science based standards for a articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
Q1. What is the procedure for applying?
Login with your user credential and select apply for license/Registration from the Tab License/registration and proceed. Follow the following steps
1. Firstly you should accept the undertaking.
2. Select the state where your premise of food business situated.
3. Confirm yes if you have premises in more than one state otherwise select No.
4. If selected yes at step 2 and you are applying for Head Office/Registered office select yes. If you have premise in more than one state but you are not applying for Head Office/Registered office then select No.
5. If you selected yes at step 4 and you have other food business from Head Office/Registered office select yes. Proceed for next step.
6. If selected No at step 3. Proceed for next step.
7. Select Kind of business.
8. Select the turnover or installed capacity.
9. Furnished the details as address of registered office, premise of business, person in-charge of operation, person complying with condition of license and products details etc.
10. Upload the supporting documents.
11. Pay the fees.(online in case of central license, for state license/ registration payment mode may be online or offline via challan etc.)
12. Print Form B and sign the same. After scanning this form upload it and acknowledgement will be generated .
Q2. Which Kind of business should be selected?
If you are manufacturer, Repacker & Relabeller then select from these kind of business according to your products
1. Dairy Unit including milk chilling units.( for milk industry)
2. Vegetable oil processing unit.( For edible oil, refined oil solvent extracted oil & edible Fat products producer)
3. Slaughtering Unit.
4. Meat processing Unit.
5. All food processing units including relabeller & repacker. (for all food processing unit other than mention above) For other business select appropriate business, which will be carried out at the premise for which license is being applied from the available list. It may be more than one kind of business
Q3. How to pay fees?
In case of central license, you have to pay it online via your debit card, credit card & net banking. For state license/Registration mode of offline payments varies from state to state, state accepting it through challan or DD.
Q4.When will FBO receive SMS & Email?
FBO receive SMS & Email at each & every steps these are the following
1. After signup.
2. Submission of application.
3. If clarification sought after scrutinization by DO.
4. Reminder to FBO to clarify within 30 days.
5. If documents accepted by DO.
6. If Inspection assigned.
7. If accepted for license generation.
8. If license generated.